Thursday, November 26, 2015

Well it was a pretty crazy week...

Now that we have this goal of 1000 contacts per missionary per month, Elder Sanchez and I set about trying to do it. Unfortunately, we only did about 340 (both of us combined), but for a couple of guys who were doing about 100 per week before it was a lot! We really had to push ourselves to talk to EVERYONE we saw in the street. Fortunately it wasn't snowing like it is there in Michigan, because if it was nem eu estaria na rua! kk

But we did have quite a miracle at church. Even though a lot of the people that we had confirmed to go to church didn't go, a family of 3 that was invited by members went! And they were super cool and super interested, or at least it seemed like it. So we have to count our blessings!

But I love you guys. Hope yall are surviving the cold!

Much love,

Elder Nick Olsen


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It is a different feeling to know that I am in the city where I will complete my mission. Everything looks different. I feel like there is so much to do, but I have only a little over a month to do it all...!
I spent the week pondering upon why Heavenly Father left me in Nanuque for my last 6 weeks. Not that I don't want to be here , but I kept thinking - What does He want me to do here? As I pondered and prayed to know, a part of a scripture came to my mind - "After much tribulation come the blessings". And I realized that being in Nanuque is His way of blessing me after much service and tribulation. We have many investigators that are progressing, and some of our old investigators that had moved away came back to Nanuque, and the members are super helpful... I really can't complain! I am just thankful that God is allowing me to really make the most of the last bit of time that I have here.
Nobody was baptized this week, but we have a family of 3 that will be baptized on Friday! I know that God lives, and that He answers our prayers. He waits for us to go to Him. He lets us struggle and suffer sometimes, but all that He does is for our eternal benefit. He takes care of His flock.

um abraço
Elder Eric Olsen
ps sorry mom, I literally didn't take a single photo this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment