Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mangos!

Well, the most important thing this week was MANGOS!!! mango season has officially started haha and mango trees are about as common as air here, so there are a ton of people just getting mangos in the street. I ate like 10 this week haha. 

But it was a good week! Our ward had a talent show, and fortunately there were enough people so that I didn't have to do anything. I was pretty nervous, because when things go wrong they always just call the missionaries! haha but everything went perfectly.

The bad news is that we had a baptism marked for Saturday, but on Saturday the girl that was gonna get baptized decided that she didn't really want to and kind of ran away... she went to another city. Haha, could have just told us! But it was kind of sad, someone so ready, who had passed the interview and everything, reject such a beautiful ordinance as baptism. But, c'est la vie.

Another interesting part of my week was study, because I'm taking a little bit of time to read the old testament every day. I'm already in Judges, and let me just say that a lot of stuff happens in the OT that I didn't know about... haha. A LOT.

Love you guys!

Elder Nick Olsen


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I will continue thinking of things to send in an email for the blog, but for now I am really blanking...! But I just wanted to let you know a little about my week:

This week I learned how to make pavê, which is a type of dessert! One day I will make it for y'all. The only problem is that it is a frozen dessert, so I don't know if you would want to eat it in the snow... we'll see!

We had an investigator that, as he walked into church on Sunday, REALLY did not want to be baptized. After the last meeting, he approached my companion and I and said "Wow, I really loved the Church of Jesus Christ! I want to be baptized next Sunday!" So that was a miracle! He could really feel the Spirit - especially during sacrament meeting, he said.

uhh... brazilian food is bland... what else... this week I will travel to Vitória for 2 days, and will get mail from the past 6 weeks! so that is also pretty exciting.

It was not a super special week. But it was wonderful to see the effects of the Spirit in a few of our Heavenly Father's children! I know that the Spirit is real, and, as Ether 4 teaches, if we first believe, spiritual truth will be made manifest unto us.

much love
7 weeks
Elder Eric Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment