Thursday, November 5, 2015

baptisms and testimonies


HAPPY HALLOWEEN! My companion and I celebrated by getting hot dogs - not the traditional celebration, but it was a good time all the same.
We were blessed to be able to help 2 of Heavenly Father's children into the waters of baptism this week - Maria and Larissa. Maria was baptized on Friday, and when we went to see her the next day, she told us that the pains she had felt in her leg for the past 10 years had miraculously disappeared. She told us that she knew she was being directly blessed for her obedience to God's commandments.


It is pretty difficult to get excited about Christmas - I KNOW the season is coming, but it is so hot here...! Nonetheless, I am listening to Christmas music every day!
Also, in the past 3 weeks, 2 youth have returned from their missions in our branch! They are super excited to teach their friends, and we are excited too.
Another young man left for a mission just a few weeks ago - we visit his family each week. It is funny to see his mother - she is so worried and concerned with the well being of her child! I find myself wondering, Does my mother worry about me this much? Don't worry, mom! Everything is fine here. The Lord is preparing people for us to teach, and is working miracle in our area and in the zone. The church seems, at least to me, stronger than it was when we got here.
Above all else, I know that Jesus lives. He is so important. We really need to center our lives in Him for us to truly be happy and have the promise of eternal life. My ponderize scripture this week was John 8:31-32:Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. We will not know the truth (and consequently be made free) until we continue in His word! Or in other words, until we do that which His words instruct us to do. This is the only way to receive real truth and eternal happiness.
boa semana!

Elder Eric Olsen








------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



SO I have to be quick because I'm here outside of Pday, yesterday was day of the dead and EVERYTHInG was shut haha. Except for a very mais ou menos churrascaria that we went to haha. But it was super mais ou menos.

2 awesome things happened at church that I wanted to share:

1. this is for you mom. I have been playing piano for the past couple of months at church and this little cute old lady called Edinar came up to me and said "thank you so much for playing the piano every week! It's so good to hear the hymns played correctly and beautifully!" Not to be prideful of course, because then I told her that I owe everything i know to my mom! And she said to thank you. So thanks mom!

2. Yesterday, during testimony meeting, our recent convert Marivan (who had invited her daughter to church as well) turned to me and said "I wanna go up but I'm nervous!" and I said lets go up together then! So we went up together, and after I had "buried" my testimony, as I said when I was young haha, she gave a beautiful testimony.
What a joy to have played a part in something so inspiring! I loved to see her happiness that she has come to know from the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. She even said "Every day I learn something else about this church that makes me love it even more." What a blessing.

I love you guys! And I love this gospel! have a great week.

Elder Nick Olsen









No comments:

Post a Comment