Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Black Friday/White Friday

Here in Brasil, Black Friday is a thing! And it isn't called Sexta Feira Preta - it's called Black Friday, in English! Everyone pronounces it wrong,.. but in any case, my companion and I didn't celebrate thanksgiving OR Black Friday. We did, however, celebrate WHITE Friday, because we had 3 baptisms! After a long 2 months of teaching, Fábia and her two children, Felipe and Pedro, were baptized. When Pedro left the baptismal font, he asked us - "Am I really clean from all my sins?", and cheered when we told him that he really was. 



We also had the opportunity to give Fábia a blessing of health, because she had been with a stomach bug for 2 days. Before we blessed her, we made it clear to her that the blessing would be able to help her only based on her own faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His healing power. When we took our hands off of her head, she told us that she knew that we were called of God, because she felt 100% better. She later told us that in that moment, she could feel God's love for her. She just felt like smiling. It is such a blessing to be able to bless the lives of others. We all can act as the Savior´s hands, just as President Uchtdorf taught. We simply need to ask Him for opportunities to act in His behalf, and He will allow us to be instruments in blessing others. 

This Thanksgiving, we didn't do anything special. We had zone meeeting, but it was pretty routine... But all the same, I am thankful to be able to serve God each day of my life. In the words of Ammon: And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.

boa semana pra todos! 

Elder Olsen


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayyyyyyyy I'm so psyched about my scholarship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! swag demais

Unfortunately, this week followed the pattern of last, not too much happened. We are really trying to do all we can to find the elect, including doing over 100 contacts each every week, but its pretty difficult. I just pray that its not because of unworthiness that we aren't being blessed with much success.

That being said, I am losing myself in the Old Testament (LOL who would have thought?), its so awesome! Right now im in the part with King David and Bathsheba and such. And I'm trying to work hard and stay worthy of all the possible blessings that Heavenly Father has for me until the end.

Our zone is going pretty well, I think we won the competition of November against Uberaba but they haven't called yet.

but i love y'all :) 

and missed y'all for thxgiving :(!


Elder Nick Olsen





No comments:

Post a Comment