Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Last preparation day

Well, this is my last preparation day. 

This week was a little slow. Most of the people in Nanuque are leaving to go the the beach, or see their family, or pursue other activities in light of the holiday. So we are having a little bit of trouble hanging on to our investigators, but I'm sure the Lord will give us ways to fill our time during this Christmas week. Last week we spent quite a bit of time visiting less actives and recent converts.

This week one of my recent converts got a new puppy, and he didnt have a name yet. And I told her to call him Nick (common dog name in Brazil) because then she would never forget me haha, and she said "oh I wanted to name it Nick but I thought it might hurt your feelings because I know your brother's name is Nick! But ok ele se chama Nick agora!" hahahaha 

We also had our branch Christmas party! It was actually super fun. They played Christmas music, and had a huge dinner, and everyone seemed really content. I took the opportunity to reflect on the Savior and His divine earthly mission. We would truly be without hope were it not for the Savior. I am grateful for His loving care, and for his protection and guidance, and to be able to have represented Him for these wonderful 2 years.

até dia 29,

Elder Eric Olsen


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH I cant believe this is my last email. I feel like a huge sum up is fitting here haha so I'll do my best.

This week was pretty great. We had a mission Christmas party with our zone and Uberaba zone, the Presidente and his family came. It was good, we had a Talent show (no I didn't do anything #shy haha) and watched some videos about Christmas. I felt like all the missionaries were really united and there was a true Christmas spirit!

UGH its like impossible to sum up 2 years in an email haha. This has been a pensive week, the closer I get to the end the more I don't want it to end! I have changed and grown so much in the service of Christ, it's a mix of emotions. Overall I want to thank y'all for always being supporting, mom and dad have never missed a week to email me (well, dad missed one time but it was because there was no internet in the middle of Virginia) and that has been a huge support. I love you all. 

I know that the Savior lives. I feel that that's true and I feel his love. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have learned so much that I can't put into words to describe, much less in an email in these last 5 minutes that I have! But this has been the best decision of my life, and I know that it will shape my eternity.

So excited to see y'all! Next week I'm 95% positive that I won't write, but we'll talk on Christmas!

MUCH love,

Elder Nick Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment