Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bom dia e Feliz Páscoa!

Bom dia e Feliz Páscoa! As my dear father would say, Rejoice! For He is risen!

I didn't write last week because I was a little bit sick,.. actually, I ended up going to the hospital. The Public Hospital! :) Which is a bit like prison, but you don't have to pay to get healthcare. So it's all good. Anyway, I went there and my doctor, who was a clone of Russell Crowe, told me that I would need to have an IV and a shot of anti-allergy medicine (no. I dont know why). And with shots I am okay, but IVs.... that's another story. Let's just say I ended up speaking slurry English to my Brazilian nurse, almost blacking out. BUT I survived :) 



We have a baptism today - Vitória! And when I say Vitória, it is for 3 reasons: 1)I am in Vitória. 2) Vitória means victory in portuguese! and 3) her name is Vitória! She is the cousin of a family that we have been working with, and we have started teaching her family as well. They have a decent comprehension of what we teach - it is so important here to explain the apostasy, etc, because most of the people believe that all churches are true. But they are excited - especially Vitória - and everyone will go watch general conference with us today! AND Jonas, our recent convert, is gonna baptize her!

I made a special effort this week to love everybody that I spoke with, to be patient, to have charity, and generally be more Christlike. It has NOT been easy, but it has been pretty rewarding. It'll be a focus of mine in the coming weeks.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is such a miracle, and I am so glad to know that it will affect all of us, and that we will all be able to live forever - what a wonderful gift. I know that Jesus is risen! Alleluia!

Elder E Olsen





Então first off Dad your hair was so swag. I loved it and you sang amazingly! Everyone here liked it too, as soon as the title "Guest Artist: Stanford Olsen" came up all the missionaries here in Uberlandia went crazy haha. God has really blessed me with the tender mercy to hear and see you even when we are so distant. Also I'm so down to have a reunion at the Grand American!

This week was pretty crazy, I only had 2 days of normal work! On Tuesday, we took a bus back to Goiânia, to go to leadership meeting. (also when we got to Goiânia we ate Rodízio de pizza.... mmmh!) The next morning was the meeting, which went well. Unfortunately with 4 assistants giving their trainings, the Presidente didn't get to talk very much, but it was good all the same. That afternoon we got on the bus again and came back down to Uberlandia.

Saturday and Sunday were general conference! (duh) I loved it and I learned so much. Of course, I missed Elder Scott and I wished that the Prophet had spoken a bit more, but I guess he is getting pretty weak. Also I could have sworn that he was going to announce a temple in Independence Missouri. My favorite talk was by Pres Uchtdorf during the Priesthood session. He talked about "parecendo bom" and really "sendo bom", idk i just thought all of it really applicable. I can honestly say that I had my questions answered this conference.

Although I am jealous that I couldn't be there in the conference center, I rejoice in the fact that the gospel is just as true here as it is there. Jesus lives, He broke the bands of death. And I rejoice in that!

And so I leave you, from the shadows of the everlasting... okay maybe not. Haha

Much love,

Elder Nicholas Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment