Monday, March 30, 2015

Sick :(

There wasn't really much of an e-mail from Eric this week. He was sick all week and finally had to go to the hospital on Saturday because he was dehydrated.  Keep him in your prayers. We are thankful for Sister Daumas in Vitória who kept us informed and let us know he is doing better.
Here is a picture of Eric with his mission president from earlier in the week:






And from Nick:

DAD! FIRST OFF I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!!! (for anyone who doesnt know my dad will be singing before the first general conference session on sunday) I have already talked to my comp and we are gonna do everything possible to be there and watch. As far as presents from Utah, nothing specific, just whatever y'all see fit :)

To let you know about being a ZL, it's great! We have to keep up with all of the people with baptismal dates (which is a lot, but a lot always fall through). And this week we have leadership meeting in Goiânia (yes I'm going back again), so Tuesday and Wednesday I will be traveling. But everyone says leadership meeting is sick so I'm excited. And our zone is the biggest in the mission, I think there are 18 people and it includes the city Itumbiara.

Well I am back in the full swing of it all. Working every day, in the sun... I feel kind of like a novinho again haha but its okay. Fortunately my comp is really cool (he is a mountain man, you have to see his beard before the mission) and showing me the ropes again.

The funniest thing happened this week. We have 2 areas that we are working right now, and one is notoriously good and the other notoriously bad. And we were working in the good area and talking with everyone getting a TON of addresses. We decided to cross the street, LITERALLY just cross the street to the other area, and talk to some people. And every single person on the other side of the street was so bad hahaha nobody gave us their address! It seemed like a TV show.

BUT that's pretty much it. If y'all get the chance, you should watch the "Because He lives" video on the lds.org website. At least I think its Because he lives, in Portuguese its Porque Ele Vive. But it talks about Easter and the resurrection of the Savior, how he makes everything possible to us because the greatest of all descended below all things. And I know that's true. Love y'all!

Love,

Elder Nicholas Olsen



No comments:

Post a Comment