Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 20th and 23rd emails. Also 29th.

June 20th from Elder Eric Olsen:
I think this was the most stressful week of my life.

President called me in on Wednesday and said "What do you think about getting transferred this week?" There have been a few problems in a far away area, and he told me that he was thinking about sending me there to try to help out. Of course, I know that in whatever I am called to do, the Lord will help me. However, I was really nervous/scared. Since he told me of the possibility, I reflected a lot on the Savior's words about the Holy Ghost in John 14. He promised that He would leave us peace, but we need to trsut in Him, have faith in His promise, and live worthy of the companionship of the Spirit so that he can bring us that peace! I had the opportunity to really ponder about Christ and the peace thatHe is capable of bringing us - and I testify that if we trust Him and keep His commandments, He will comfort us! "I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you." But it ended up that I wasnt transferred, so 3 more weeks in Vitória! I love Vitória.

ALSO I had the best experience this week with a recent convert of ours, Debora! She called us during the week, saying that she wanted to go with us to visit a young woman that we are teaching, so we picked her up at her house that night and went on our way. On the way to the appointment, she started telling us all about her plans for the future. She told us that she wants to go on a mission, and that she doesn't want to date until after her mission, because she doesn't want anything to stop her from entering worthily in the temple with her future husband. I can't describe how impressed and happy I was to hear that!! Afterwards, we got to our appointment and she testified of the importance of the Church, and what Christ had done in her life. It was so cool, I cant even explain.

And it was President's birthday yesterday, so I made him a cake. Haha classic!

AND shoutout to Francisco, who's birthday was also Friday! Happy birthday!

I love y'all! Thanks for the support.

Elder Eric Olsen




June 22 from Elder Nick Olsen:
So we got a call on Saturday night... it was our investigator's mom. "I have good news and bad news. The bad is that we've decided to postpone the baptism for next week. The good is that Danielle (her sister) has decided to get baptized too!" WOOH! MILAGRE! haha this month our President has told us to search for "17 Miracles" in each of our zones, 17 sons and daughters of God to enter in the waters of baptism. If everything goes right and the 2 sister get baptized as planned along with the other investigators marked for this week in our zone, we will have EXACTLY 17. That will be so cool!

This week was really good. The lady that had we visited a couple weeks ago was getting baptized on Saturday! And she asked my comp to baptize her. I guess the water was really cold, because she and the other rapaz being baptized made quite a fuss... haha tbh it was the funniest baptism I had ever been in. Everyone in the room was busting out laughing because of what they were saying! Also I got to see some old friends from my first Uberlândia area, Parque do Sabiá. 

Also I finally got a general conference edition of the Liahona, with the talks from living prophets and apostles. I LOVE the living prophets and apostles! It seems like almost everything they say applies perfectly to me. This week I studied Pres. Uchtdorf's talk about being genuine and without guile. How we have to worry about ourselves, who we are becoming and if we are following Christ's teachings, and not about showing others how great we are. But all the talks I've read so far have helped me in one way or another. 

But I love y'all! thanks for the prayers and support.

Much love,

Elder Nick Olsen

picture (YEEEEEEEES FINALLY): velhos amigos de pq do sabia]

I would send more pics now that i got it to work but I just switched memory cards so I don't have many others!




June 29th from Elder Nick Olsen:
This week I was eating lunch at a member's house (who is surprisingly similar in appearance to dad) when the phone rang: Executive Secretary of the mission. And when I answered, he asked me the infamous question: "Elder Olsen, which airport is the closest to your home?" AHH I only have 6 months left! It's weird, like I got excited but at the same time I realized that I have to work hard to take advantage of my time in the service of the Lord.

That being said, we had a baptism this week! A 15 year old girl that we have been teaching a few weeks. Her mom and stepdad are members, and she just recently moved to their house. It was cool to see, interestingly one of the people that I most saw change from beginning to end! Yesterday we even went by to talk with their family (we are teaching her sister now too, who just moved there) and she came in and said "Mãe, o que é tabaco?" she was reading the pamphlet of the Word of Wisdom! MUITO chique.

Also I have been reading "Our Heritage" this week. It has been really inspiring to see the sacrifices made for the gospel. Even some that were witnessed and made by my own ancestors! It makes me realize that God really doesn't ask that much of us in these latter days.

In other news, Bob Burnquist came to a mall here this week. I wanted to get an autograph really bad.... but I didn't haha. I guess that is my sacrifice for the gospel! haha jk

BUT that's pretty much it. This week there is a meeting in Goiânia so I'll see if I have gotten anything from yall!

Love yall! Thank you for everything! sorry for lack of pics but i forgot the cable at home :(

Love,

Elder Nick Olsen



No comments:

Post a Comment