Wednesday, October 14, 2015

still in Uberlandia and Nanuque


Nanuque! Yeah, you could say that I am just a short 14 hours from Nick. De ônibus, that is. The temptation is great to go visit, but the discomfort of the onibus is enough to keep me safe and sound here in the north of Minas Gerais. 

I got a new companion - Elder Garcia! We already spent 6 months together in the office as secretaries, and were both pretty surprised to be together again. When President Young announced it in the transfer meeting, he said "I don't know why the Lord wants them to be together again, but it is His will!" We are excited to make a difference in the city. We are trying to get really involved with the leaders here, and help people to become more committed in their discipleship.

Unfortunately we spent a good part of the week travelling. It was not too exciting. We did have a baptism of a young woman that had been taught by the missionaries before we arrived. This week we will work with the rest of her family. 

As we walked down the street this week, a man stopped as he was passing us on his motorcycle. He said "Oh Elders, I have a reference for you!" He then gave us her name and address, and told us to go there on Saturday. When we arrived on Saturday, we found out that the reference is this man's wife! She had been taught previously by the missionaries, but didn't have the desire to follow the Savior. When we invited her to baptism, she explained to us that she knew that the Church is the only true church on the earth, and that she needed the Savior's help in her life. She will be baptized this Sunday! 

I know that the Lord loves us. He waits at the door and knocks - we need only answer His call.

much love

Elder Eric Olsen



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That's right, I was not transferred! Going on 8 months here in UDI, fortunately I moved wards a couple of times or else I would be going crazy by now haha. BUT my companion changed, now I'm with Elder Sanchez, from Buenos Aires! He is kind of quiet, but super spiritual. And after getting to know us a little bit better, he opened up more and is really funny too! It's the first time I received a companion that I don't already know since October of last year! So that's pretty crazy.

On Saturday we had a baptism (Wooh!) of a lady named Marivan that my other comp and I found knocking doors. It was so great to see someone making promises to follow the Savior, and even better in the middle of a holiday weekend full of iniquity! (lol) She smoked 3 packs a day since she was 11 years old, and now she is free of cigarettes and starting again. It is an honor to have been able to help her and she even chose me to baptize her.

That's pretty much it! baptism, new comp, yep. I hope you all are well and happy, I pray for all of you often!

Much love,

Elder Nick Olsen


No comments:

Post a Comment