Wednesday, August 26, 2015

This week was amazing! We had a mission tour; that means that the entire mission came here to Goiania to hear Moroni Thorgan, an area 70, speak to us. I had heard tell that he is a pretty strict guy, that he doesn't think twice to kind of breath fire, but he was such a nice and spiritual guy. When he talked to us all we could really feel the Spirit, and he said a lot that will help me. I feel like I have the perfect amount of time to have heard everything he said, because I don't have a TON more time in Brasil, so I will be able to apply it without it losing its worth.

We got here on Thursday and kicked around a little bit, it was great because I was with some of my best friends in the mission again, Zeballos, Sales, and, of course, Silva (who is going home this week!). On Friday we had leadership meeting with Elder Thorgan, where he taught us about the true purpose of serving missions and how to help others come to Christ. I liked one thing he said, that we have to help people "vir" a Cristo. In portuguese, to say come (vir) you have to be in the place that you're talking about. So for us to invite to come unto Christ, we have to be with Him!

Then on Saturday was the meeting with the whole mission. It was just as good as the other. I felt strange as I left the church that day, having had my mind opened and my spirit refreshed, and knowing that there are so many that have never felt that way. And then, I thought "Bem, que bom que estou na missão então!" haha. 

On Sunday I visited an old ward, Universitário, and saw a lot of friends and acquaintances. Even better, we saw Laurinda, who got baptized in December past, who is strong and going to church every Sunday! She was even commenting in the gospel principles class, testifying about tithing and a ton of other stuff. That's the kind of thing that makes a missionary proud.

AND on top of everything, I got a package full of church news today just in time for my 6 hour trip! Haha so some good reading.

But that has been my week, an eventful and joyful one. I think God was giving me a little rest for me to be able to give it all I've got. I know that Jesus Christ lives, that He is the Savior of all mankind. And I know that Ele zela por nós and nos ama, and He waits to bless us with unimaginable blessings. And I know that He suffered an unfathomable pain to be able to break the bands of death and hell and succor us in our imperfection!!

Much love,

Elder Nick Olsen


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well,there is not much new this week for me. I didn't get transferred this time, but I will go to Vitória tomorrow for the transfer meeting. It will be 3 hours there by bus in the morning, then we have to stay for the meeting, which is about an hour, and then 3 hours back. It will end up taking most of the day.

Today being pday, I have other plans. I'll go play soccer with the other missionaries, and tonight I marked with the mother of one of the missionaries that was in Nicks mission for her to teach me how to make doce de banana!





Also Mom, I'm sorry I haven't been taking very many pictures lately, but I need to get a new memory stick for my camera. But for sure I am gonna write you a letter today. Again. And tomorrow I will mail it, together with others. I haven't been able to mail them because the line at the post office is always so long!

Love,
Elder Eric Olsen











No comments:

Post a Comment