Thursday, August 13, 2015

Dearest family,

I write to you today almost falling over in my chair, on account of how tired I am! We spent the week travelling, and were able to visit the 2 other areas that pertain to our zone - São Mateus and Nova Venêcia. These cities are fairly new to the church, and the possibility for growth is incredible! We were able to help out the missionaries with some of their investigators, and help them to see what they can to do become better missionaries, and better gospel teachers.

We were able to spend a few days in our own area, and found quite a few interested people. However, as Nick said, when Sunday rolled around, we saw a lot of excuses! Understandably, this Sunday was Dia dos Pais, so most people were travelling or passing the day with their families. Speaking of which, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY STAN!

The highlight of the week was Brian's baptism.

 Yeah, his name is Brian - totally not a Brazilian name... And he looks like an American too! We met him through a member that was working out with him at the gym, and he quickly accepted the gospel. He had been taught many years ago by the missionaries, and had been prepared to hear our messages once more. One day as we taught him, he explained to us that he was drinking a lot of coffee to burn fat, because of its thermogenic effects. When we taught him the Word of Wisdom afterwards, he said - Alright then, no more coffee for me! What a miracle to see lives come into harmony with the Savior's teachings. I love the gospel, and I know that it has the power to make a bad man good - anda goodman even better.

Elder Eric Olsen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week was great! Elder Zeballos and I worked our tails off, taught a ton of lessons, and invited a ton of people to church. On Saturday, we confirmed 12 people COM CERTEZA that they'd go. On Sunday there were only actually 2... haha it's not easy but somebody has to do it!

On Saturday President Kuceki came to Uberlândia to give us a training and have interviews! He talked a lot about giving our whole heart and mind to God (like it says in D&C 4), and how He would, in turn, give us might and strength to do His work. It's funny, sometimes I find that when I work the hardest, I end up with more energy on the next day! That's what I call blessings.

ALSO Pres brought with him letters and packages, and I got a package from ERIC! With paçoca and a planner for next transfer, what a sweet young man. And I got a SAVE THE DATE OMG MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED!! Parabéns Phil and Janeen! I mean, it was already official, but now it's even more official.

In answer to your question mom, yes I have problems with cats here, in fact there is one less active guy with a cat and whenever we go there I leave sneezing nonstop haha!

I love you guys so much! I testify that God lives and loves us, I know because I feel His love for me daily!

Much love,


Elder Nick Olsen



No comments:

Post a Comment