Wednesday, October 1, 2014

another transfer for Eric

Cara família,

It is so good to hear from you! I don't care what anybody says about being trunky, I always look forward to hearing from you muito!! Parabéns to Emily, I need to learn from your example! This week I performed a baptism, and the white pants I had bought before the mish almost don't fit anymore haha yikes! Dad I really like the way you write, its almost like a piece of literature because, i don't know, just the style! And seeing as I don't have the ability to read books for now, its certainly welcome and legal! Also Mom now you can finally relax huh! your big task is finished with the primary program.

So this week was pretty busy, it ended up that we had a baptism!! Which counted for another dupla of missionaries because the lady lives in another area, but the joy is just the same. When I was entering the water and waiting for Inés to enter, I heard her talking with another sister behind the door, saying how happy she was in that moment, and it stirred my heart. Participating in the service is really a blessing and a privilege.

Unfortunately, my comp was transferred this week! So idk where he will go or who will be my new companion, but I will miss Elder Araújo a lot. He was a really great guy, and taught me a lot about how we should really care about our investigators as individuals and people and not just a way fulfill our purpose of invite people to follow Christ. To really want to help them, that is what's important.

We are teaching a family, Weberson and Elizabeth, and they're super cool. The first time we went there and talked about the Book of Mormon, we asked if they would read and pray to know if it was true. And they were like "I don't think that's necessary, we already know!!" :O haha it was awesome, but they aren't married, so were gonna help them out with that. This Friday if everything goes well, we'll go to the cartório and mark the marriage date!

I will pass 6 months aqui in this area!! But its a good area, the people treat us well, especially the members, right now I'm just a little bit anxious about who will be my new comp and everything, but I'm sure that whoever it is will be will be chosen by the Lord.

Amo vocês, I pray for you all the time. I hope that you are feliz and forte, I am excited to listen to the words of the prophets this week. They truly are prophets, seers, and revelators for the world today. (I also look forward to talking with y'all on christmas!!)

Love,
Elder Nicholas Olsen








Dear Family and friends and anyone else who reads this!:

Another week, another 3,000 baptisms! Just kidding, no baptisms this week - except I heard about one in Anapolis! Parabens Nicholas! Quão grande será vossa alegria no Reino de nosso Pai :)

This week we worked super hard. We taught a bunch of lessons and found a bunch of new and interesting people. The people that I really enjoyed talking to are João Vítor and Nicole - they are 16 and 17 years old. When we went to walk with them to church Sunday, it wasn't forced at all - it was as if we were walking to church with our friends! They are really special. We left a chapter of the Book of Mormon with them, and when we returned to see how they liked it, Nicole said "yeah yeah this chapter that you left was great. But I was reading in this OTHER part of the Book of Mormon and..."! It is really cool to see people that have been prepared to believe in the simple truths of the Book of Mormon, and are EXCITED to read it!

So I was transferred again. I will be heading to my 5th area already - in 8 months! For those that don't know, that is a lot of areas in very little time! The worst part is that I won't be able to see Leo Duarte get baptised. He is really close to feeling ready, and I know that he will join the church after I leave. I am just happy to have been able to bring greater peace into his life, and the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Also very sad is that a woman we are teaching said she was going to a wedding, and she would save us a piece of cake. And I have never eaten wedding cake. So I will miss out on that! Not as important, but I do love cake.

Elections are this week and it is obligatory to vote here in Brasil. But most people don't care about politics, and just vote for whoever they have already heard of. So the politicians pay people to write advertisement songs, and people ride around in cars, getting paid to blast the advertisements AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE! But the election is Sunday, so tudo bem.

I cannot express how thankful I am to be a child of God. For His plan. For the fact that we can have happiness in this life, and eternal life in the world to come. It is literally the best news that I have ever heard. Despite and difficulty that we pass through in this life, despite any sickness or trauma, we can be perfected through Jesus Christ. I just cannot explain it. I love our Master Jesus Christ and know that He lives - and I know that we can hear His words through His prophet, Thomas S Monson, THIS SUNDAY! And I cannot wait.

Love and prayers to you, and Wish me luck with my new assignment!

Elder E Olsen

ps dad - The language is much better - this week I was talking to someone on the cell phone and they mistook me for a Gaucho! (Brazilian from the south) So I guess its getting better little by little.


No comments:

Post a Comment