Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WELCOME TO...

TIBERY!!!!!!!!! That's right, I was transferred DE NOVO! And again, it is here within Uberlândia. It's crazy, I have been in Uberlândia 3 (going on 4) transfers, and all 3 (going on 4) transfers the zone leaders' area has changed. That never happens! But it's pretty sad. I was even talking to Elder Sales today and I said to him that I could have stayed in Patrimônio for the rest of my mission. It is truly a blessed area and I have made friends that I'll never forget.

Now the good news. My companion will be........... ELDER ZEBALLOS!!!!! One of my best friends on the mission! Idk if y'all remember but I lived with him while I worked in the mission office. He is a great guy and we will see miracles here!

Honestly, that's pretty much all I remember from this week, haha. I will miss Elder Sales a lot though, this is the 3rd time that we've been companions. I only have 4 more transfers! #nottrunky




But I love you guys a lot, I know that the church is true and that Jesus Christ is the head of it. And I know that the mission president is designated by the priesthood of God and that he guides the mission with revelation! And if I have been called to move again, there is certainly a just purpose.

Much love,

Elder Nick Olsen



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We found some really amazing people this week! We had a goal to leave the office a little bit early each day, so that we could really get some work done in the street. It worked out some days,... but other days we were running to Walmart and the bus station until 9 pm! It is weird to think that next week I won't be doing office tasks anymore.

Last Sunday was one of the saddest days of my time here in Brazil. We had a meeting at our ward mission leader's house, and his wife made a cake, etc. as a farewell for Elder Gingrich and I, since we both will be leaving. There were a lot of people, both missionaries and members of the church, and recent converts, that I really love, and it was super sad to be saying goodbye. A lot of us ended up crying! It is amazing how Heavenly Father sends us certain places at certain times in our lives, so that we can meet certain people, and how our paths cross. Everyone that I met here in Vitória has had such a great influence on me, and I know that I've had the opportunity to help others change their lives too! There is a Conductor, a Maestro, a Director of our universe - Jesus Christ. Everything happens according to His divine will.

I spoke with some people from Terra Vermelha this week! They said that Eliane is firm in the church, has 2 callings, and is going to the temple next month! What a blessing to have been able to know her.

Other that that, it was the regular business that accompanies the last week of the transfer. A lot of running around, a lot of anxiety, and, of course, a lot of new investigators! I love being a missionary, and am excited for the next step.

com amor,

Elder Eric Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment