Tuesday, June 17, 2014

World Cup

Oi familiares! E outras pessoas!

This week was really annoying. But at the same time, a grande bênção. We had a lot of stuff going on, and weren't able to work as much as I would have wanted.

...which is the blessing. I WANTED to work! Which is probably horrible to say, but in the beginning of the mission, I would wake up so depressed. UGH. One more day of confusion and dejection. But this week I was overcome with desire to convert everyone. To help them come to an understanding of God, and build their faith.

Thursday was the first soccer game! Andddd we stayed at our house. Read some scriptures, relaxed,.. Kept score, because the people yelling in the street made it obvious that Brazil was winning. But our president said that we are allowed to watch, as long as we stayed in our house. So my comp is working hard to find a tv that we can use - talking to all the members, etc.

Friday was our last conference with the president before he leaves - dia 27. He talked a lot about baptism, and why it is the most important part of missionary work. IT was a super easy day, just listening to him and his wife talk, but I found myself wanting to go out and climb hills to see our investigators!

I was in church on Sunday - one more Sunday without anyone in church - and I couldn't help but shed a few tears. Why are these people so stubborn? Why don't they understand what we explain so clearly? Truly this too, was an answer to a prayer, as I have been trying to develop more love of the people here.

If nothing else, I am recognizing the answers to my prayers more often. I know that God hears us and answers us. Not always when we wants - honestly almost always NOT when we want - but he will lighten the burdens and respond to the cries of his chosen people.

If you want a list of pesquisadores to pray for.... : Camilla, Alex, Maria, Edith, Jadir, Wagner, Bruna. 

ALSO good news! We had an activity that we gave out wheelchairs at the chapel! And next week we, the missionaries, have to go visit all of them and make sure that everything is going well with them. ....and share a message about Jesus Christ! So hopefully something good will come of that.

I love you, And remember that the Master knows us each individually - better than we know ouyrselves. And He is always watching over us. Always.




And think of me during the Brazillian jogos durante a Copa!

Elder Eric Olsen
 p.s. my stupid computer won't send pictures. I have tried everything idk what the problem is. I'll try again next week, sorry for real  I know its annoying. Also can you get me in contact with Elder Norton? 





Dear Family,

Wow I am so happy that you went to the temple first of all! It makes me think of Mother's day, when everyone was telling their parents to stay firm and go to church, I know that I would never have to worry about that with you two, and I would never been on this mission if it wasn't for you. So thank you.

Anyway! About the packages first off, coisas boas: peanut butter, nutella, beef jerky, snacks, sweets, things like that. Just things that will arrive one day after all the work you've been doing turned out for nothing (because the Lord tries the faith and patience of his missionaries A LOT) and makes you smile because now you have a little sweet smackeral. Or a little taste of the U.S. Haha I don't know, but I trust your judgement.

This week began the Copa do Mundo!! For our mission, we had to stay in our houses during the game, but only the Brasil game. So everyone was planning on sleeping, until 10 minutes before it started when I received a call: "Elder, Presidente esqueceu a dizer: não pode dormir na casa." ( President forgot to say not to sleep during the game) AAAHHHHH BRINCADEIRA but tudo bem, so I just read some of the teachings of Joseph Smith in Portuguese. Did you guys know that the gift of tongues is specifically to teach the gospel? 

This week I had a cool experience. I was pretty down, sometimes you just get frustrated, you know. And my comp was playing some tab choir, and I went outside and sat in the hammock (yes we have a hammock) and I said a prayer. And for some reason I said "Heavenly Father, please let me attain exaltation", which is strange, normally I wouldn't say something audacious assim. But right then, the choir was singing "I Believe in Christ" and said these words:
I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
And those 2 parts: I'll gain my fondest dream and the 2nd 2 lines, they hit me pretty hard. And I just felt like I knew that everything I am doing is worth it in the end. As long as I do His will, it will all be worth it.

I can't tell you how happy I am seeing you at the temple together, I even took a pic of your pic to save for me! You are great examples. Thanks for everything you've already done and are still doing for us! I love you!

Love,
Elder Nicholas Olsen

                                                                    after zone olympics last week


                                                          the streets decorated for the World Cup


                                                                                      Jungle!
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment